The mechanical stability of PMMA bone cement during arthroplasty procedures is a very important issue. Although intrinsic formulation of bone cement is essential, its preparation plays a vital role.
VACUUKIT® has been designed to contribute to the porosity reduction during the preparation of bone cement by applying vacuum and thereby increase the mechanical stability.
VACUUKIT® Vacuum mixing & injection system is composed of:
- A reservoir which is used for mixing and as injection cartridge.
- A base to ensure the stability of the device during the mixing
- A funnel to properly fill the reservoir with the powder and liquid components.
- A mixer plunger with filter to prepare a high quality PMMA bone cement.
- A flexible tube with filter to apply vacuum during mixing and avoid air bubble entrapment.
- An injection handset for a safe and comfortable injection.
- A tube to inject the cement into the femur.